Beetroot and Feta Burger

Adapted from Green Kitchen Stories.

First of all I'd like to say that I really like hamburgers, of course homemade. However, recently I've decided to reduce meat in our cooking as much as possible. I like meat, but I like animals as well so I've made a compromise.

I found these delicious burgers made of beetroot and Feta cheese. They were great, actually I didn't miss meat in burgers at all.





Here is the recipe:

- 2 beets
- 100 g rolled oats
- 1 small onion
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- several leaves of basil
- salt and pepper

Peel and grate beets, onion and garlic. Place in a large mixing bowl. Add oil, an egg and oats and let a food processor mix well. Crumble feta cheese into the mixture, add basil leaves, a pinch of salt and pepper and stir.  
Set the mixture in the fridge for about 30 minutes, so the oats can soak the liquid up. This step is important! If the mixture is too liquid add some more oats and let the mixture set aside again. Then form patties with your hands. I did half the amount of original recipe and made 8 little patties. 
You can either grill beetroot burgers on the grill several minutes on each side or fry them on a frying pan until they are golden.
Serve with buns and vegetables and toppings of your choice.


Beetburgers before frying



Oblíbené příspěvky